Railbookers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or making an enquiry or booking by phone or email, this information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We do not store financial or personal information while processing your payment, nor do we share this information with third parties.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information for the purposes of your enquiry or booking, or improving our website and email and marketing communications:
- your name
- your contact information including email address, phone and mobile number and address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- The purposes of your enquiry or booking
- Billing and auditing
- Credit and other payment card verification
- Administration and legal purposes
- Market research
- Systems testing, maintenance and development
- Customer relations
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- Sending weekly email newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time. If you wish to start receiving email communications from us please enter your email address.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests and preferences.
- We will only pass your information onto third parties where it is relevant to your booking or enquiry.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any PI to Railbookers or YLG. If you choose to refuse or withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with some services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being viewed. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us: info [at] railbookers [dot] com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties (except for the purposes of your enquiry or booking) unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 or any replacement legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (together the “Data Protection Legislation”). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Data Controller, Railbookers UK Trading Ltd, 1-2 Bolt Court, Fleet Street, London, EC4A 3DQ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.